CLAY– MB1 – MB5 – MB6
Here is located the main quarry and the major plants for lump-breaking, grinding and drying process. Easy-to-grind kaolinitic lean clays suitable for glazed porcelain stoneware mixtures are extracted from the Bocciole quarry.
The Sanctuary of the “Santissimo Crocifisso” was inaugurated in Boca di Novara in May 1773. Initially conceived as a small frescoed chapel, after the death of two spouses, the enlargement project continued by the architect Alessandro Antonelli, making it a majestic neoclassical-style building. However, extension works went on very slowly and the Sanctuary was finally completed just before the end of the 19th century. In the twentieth century, however, a particularly aggressive storm damaged and destroyed a part of the Sanctuary. The Bishop and the Diocese immediately ordered its renovation for the delight of the believers and the inhabitants of Boca who showed great devotion to the Sanctuary. In May 1918 the reconstruction was finally completed. Since 1987 the Sanctuary is part of the Natural Park of Monte Fenera, a protected area of 3378 hectares located in the hills of Bassa Valsesia.